Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Post

Today was my first time voting. It was pretty cool, and I got a sticker. :) When voting today, I noticed that I was the only young person there. I think more people should have gone out, and voted in my town.
I've been watching the news for a while now (I watched most of it with Mike too), and so far its still a guessing game when it comes to who will win. My house wasn't really that exciting either, no one was flipping out at the news or anything. But I just found out that Elizabeth Warren beat Scott Brown. Good news! (I do live in Massachusetts). Right now they're showing her give her victory speech. It's almost tough to pay attention to everything because there are so many things popping up on the TV screen.
The whole experience today was exciting though. I've never been so involved with an election. I certainly didn't pay this much attention to the last election, but then again I was only 16 then. I liked being informed though, and knowing what is going on in the country, and in my state. I like how my vote today counted.

4 comments:

  1. So jealous that you had to vote :) Glad that you made your voice heard. I hope you are proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that Elizabeth Warren beat Scott Brown!! And I agree that it was really hard to pay catch everything because there was so much happening at once I felt like I was always missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,
    It was the first time where I really watched the election but didn't get to see the results, so happy Elizabeth won:>

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watched this together! Go job on voting! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete